Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Upload to Uno rev3 stalls indefinitely and stops other USB devices from working  (Read 513 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi guys, I've had a search around over the past week and a half and can't find anyone who's had this issue. Sometimes uploading sketches to my rev3 uno work fine, but most of the time the upload stalls, and at the same time my other USB devices (mouse and keyboard) stop working altogether. Basically this means I can't upload sketches, plus I have to hard reset my PC to get control back. Everything else keeps going as normal, task manager keeps showing refreshed stats and video/music still plays in the background, just the IDE and the USB devices die.

I've tried:
- Different USB cables
- Different USB ports
- A second rev3 uno
- Rebooting
- With/without the power cable attached to the uno
- Different sketches
- Reinstalling drivers
- Waiting for an hour to see if the USB devices come back

I've only been trying to upload example sketches that came with the IDE download (i.e. blink an LED), when the upload succeeds the sketches function appropriately. Does anyone have any ideas? The only thing I have left is try another computer, but that's not an ideal workaround as I'm working on a uni project due in 4 weeks, and I can't steal someone else's computer for that long. Any help appreciated.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Got any bluetooth stuff going on? Try turning those off.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

Thanks for the suggestion. At this stage it's as basic as can be; Uno with no shields or anything. Basically out of the box with an LED in pin 13.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

But your PC - does it have any bluetooth stuff enabled, even if not connected?

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. No, the PC doesn't have any bluetooth or wireless radios.

Ireland
View Profile

I have the same problem with my Uno. The blink sketch won't stop running and won't alloy me to upload anymore sketches, I also tried everything you mentioned above . Sorry I've no advice for you, waiting for replies myself. I'm using windows 7...
charlzd

Turin
home automation bees australia and slow food
View Profile

me too
I doscovered it casually..
my usb keyb was broken I had to shutdown the mac
the reboot without shutdown isn't enought to have usb working properly

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: