Go Down

Topic: 2*2 cm cut-down Arduino Leonardo with radio module (Read 2039 times) previous topic - next topic

martin_bg

Apr 20, 2013, 06:06 pm Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:36 pm by martin_bg Reason: 1
Hi guys,

I have been working on a miniature, low power wireless remote node based on the ATmega32U4 MCU (the same used in Leonardo Arduino). This is a Open Source Project, all design files and documentation is available here: http://harizanov.com/wiki/wiki-home/funky-sensor-v2/.
I wish to say that I am amateur, only started learning electronics on hobby level recently.

The highlights are:

• 2*2 cm in size, only few mm thick

• can be powered from a CR2032 coin cell

• 0.04mA @ 3V in sleep mode

• Programmed via the USB - just like Arduino Leonardo

• Has a RFM12B radio module for wireless communication with other sensor nodes or another node acting as a gateway (logging the data or forwarding it to the Internet)

• Option for on-board voltage step-up boost regulator

I build these by hand using hot air gun - a slow process, but the outcome is beautiful:

Comments are welcome :)

strykeroz

...the outcome is beautiful:
Indeed it is !  Very impressive.

Thanks for sharing, Geoff
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse"
- retired astronaut Chris Hadfield

ODwyerPW

Nice work. I'm wanting to do something similar with the mini-pro... where I put in pull down resistors on 6 of my digital inputs.... and then voltage dividing resistors for 4 or 7 (application dependent) 3mm LEDs. Of course I can punt the resistors if I go with the 8mhz 3.3 variety.

I want to permanently mount an RJ45 header for the inputs (I'll run power, 6 inputs and a spare down a section of Cat5e to my devices in the field) and a 9v power header for power. The inputs would of course also need a pull down resistor to ground.

Then I 'd need 10 additional pins that I just connect a  ribbon cable to, in order to accommodate the interface elements mounted on a small board on the enclosure (buttons, LEDs, etc...).
Quiero una vida simple en Mexico...nada mas.

ODwyerPW

Curious to why you ran the pin holes in a slalom configuration?

martin_bg

So that you can plug pin headers without soldering them.. for quick testing

Coding Badly

https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/114

ODwyerPW

Brilliant!  Thanks for the link.  I learned something very useful!

Learning never stops.

JB_AU

I'm also impressed with your camera , it picks up the laser pitting.  ]:D
I just made a carbon skirt for an mcu to help a friend, basically a little frame with extra connectors.
I think this great!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy