Go Down

Topic: USB Y Cable. (Read 732 times) previous topic - next topic

AJB2K3

So my current problem With the mega adk and Galaxy tab 2 7.0 is down to the tablet not getting enough power.
Instead of chopping into a USB cable to make a scruffy bodged looking thing to supply the extra power,
Is there a prefabricated USB Y cable that has both data and power pass through?
I need one female to two males?
Sorry for the noobish post but my knowledge is 10 years out of date!

Docedison

Use 2 cables and a powered hub, don't try for a 2 to 1 cable, I have one on a portable CD writer and it takes up 2 ports on my laptop to supply enough power to the machine so when writing a cd I loose a port. The powered hub is my solution and works better.

Doc
--> WA7EMS <--
"The solution of every problem is another problem." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

AJB2K3

I need the 2 way as 1 leg will connect to a mega adk while the other to the official samsung charger. Even with a 2 amp adapter in the mega, I get no response from the mega's coms hence the need to bypass the mega jusst for the power supply!

My SE xperia was the same but I had a base station that provided the bypass, alas the samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 doesn't have a base station capable of doing this.
Sorry for the noobish post but my knowledge is 10 years out of date!

James C4S

Is there a prefabricated USB Y cable that has both data and power pass through?

As Doc points out, yes.  There is a prefabricated cable that passes power to both plug and (one would hope) data to one.

You can find them with CD/DVD drives.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy