Go Down

Topic: Announcement: CTE has updated their drivers. (Read 8 times) previous topic - next topic

promacjoe

CTE has released an updated driver, that fixed some of the problems we have been having.
Unfortunately the display is still mirrored, although annoying it is a minor inconvenience compared to some of the other problems i was having.

The "UTFT fonts" now display properly using the "UTFT print function" . This has been the main problem I was having. I have only done limited testing, but the results have been good. This means we can format numbers using the " PrintNnumI or the PrintNnumF " statements. It also means we can make our own fonts using the UTFT font converter, or we can do it manually, "kind of a pain". Unfortunately the fonts provided with the displays will still not work with the print statements.

The new drivers are currently available at http://coldtears.lin3.siteonlinetest.com/files/Arduino_DUE_TFT_library.zip.

These drivers should work with the mega and other compatible shields, but at this point since I do not have any other shields to test it on I cannot say for sure. If anyone contest these drivers on compatible shields please let us know if they work properly.

At least it's a step in the right direction. Being able to use the standard commands is a big plus.

promacjoe.

promacjoe

Note: I have now corrected the mirror issue in these drivers. I simply copied a set of parameters that I knew would display in the correct orientation  To the correct location in the " UTFT.cpp " file. In my case, the " SSD1963_800_CTE7 "section at line 2331. These parameters are for the 7" CTE display. So far everything displays and functions correctly.

In my case the parameters were obtained from a set of CTE drivers offered from " ageurtse ", a member of this form, thank you for your assistance.

I hope this will help someone else.

promacjoe

ODwyerPW

Joe,
thanks for this info. I need to finish a few modifications to my 5" & 7" boards (Font ICs..which Coldtears is sending me with my latest shipment). I have more interest in the 5" version than the 7".. However, I will still be interested in looking at the parameters you are all using in the CPP file for the CTE7. I'm also working with the 3.5 480X320 LCD as well. Daniel Hernandez and I, both here in Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico, are trying to get these LCDs to suit our needs.
Peter
Quiero una vida simple en Mexico...nada mas.

ODwyerPW

Joe,
Could you share those updated parameters with us?  For the 7" CTE LCD?  I have that one, plus the 5".

I've noted even with the new drivers.... you still have to rotate the display 180deg. (in our case the entire DUE as we are using the CTE shield as well.... which means the power connector and usb connectors are on the wrong side of our enclosure.)
Quiero una vida simple en Mexico...nada mas.

promacjoe

I obtained the parameters from this post, " updated library UTFT version 2.1 with a CTE shield " at http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,158782.0.html.
Download the file given, and go to the " tft_drivers "directory. Then go down to the directory that matches the controller for your LCD, open the file that corresponds to your LCD resolution. Compare these parameters to the parameters in the "CTE UTFT" drivers. Change any parameters that do not match.

Note: I believe the 5" and 7" TFT LCDs use the same controllers and should use the same parameters.

There is also a discussion about these parameters under this post " FIXED: SSD1963 controller with 7" TFT (horizontally mirrored image) ". at  http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ff622bb36029623ad0f1cf6495b33aca&topic=152053.0

This is the best information I can give you. Since I am still learning "C" myself I can only pass on the information that I get. Fortunately others with better skills has posted really good information. And by the way thanks to those who have contributed their knowledge, it has really helped me.  Other than that you'll just have to do your homework just like I did.

promacjoe

Go Up