Go Down

Topic: Can someone recommend a good audio analyzer? (Read 893 times) previous topic - next topic

lightaiyee

Can someone recommend a good audio analyzer? No need to be high-end. Preferably cheap:) I have been using Audio Precision. But my boss wasn't happy when I recommended that because it is too expensive.

THanks in advance.

g_u_e_s_t

if you just need a spectrum analyzer, "spectrum lab" is freeware, and ive been very happy with it.  it can take in external audio from a soundcard, or work on saved wav files.

lightaiyee

if you just need a spectrum analyzer, "spectrum lab" is freeware, and ive been very happy with it.  it can take in external audio from a soundcard, or work on saved wav files.

Thank you for your answer. May I ask if spectrum lab can be used to measure audio SNR? Or even better, harmonics and intermodulation distortion? I went to the website but could not find an answer.

g_u_e_s_t

it has markers that you can move along the trace to get values, and i estimate SNR and distortion from these, but you can also save the data and then do the real number crunching on it.  i also have a good sine generator that i use in conjunction with it to do intermodulation distortion and the like.  you can probably generate a decent sinewave with your soundcard as well.  its definitely not a complete plug and play solution, but it is free.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy