Go Down

Topic: TEA5767 Issues (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

zachmart

Hi, and thanks in advance to anyone who can help me:

I recently tried Dr. Monk's tutorial on making an Arduino breakout board for the TEA5767 radio module (http://www.instructables.com/id/TEA5767-FM-Radio-Breakout-Board-for-Arduino/). I managed to solder all the pins fin (it was actually my second try), but when connected to Arduino and the amplifier I constructed, all I got was loud static. Did I just burn out the chip when I was soldering? Also, is there some code I could run to test if the chip is working? Finally, do you have any advice for the next time I try soldering one of these chips so I don't burn it out?

Thanks!

rohanxtreme

Hi Zach,
I see the post is quiet old, but here are my 2 bit...

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?
I'm trying the same thing with the same result; only difference being i'm using Raspberry Pi3.

As for checking the status try this link:
https://www.element14.com/community/blogs/sasg/2014/01/19/controlling-the-rda5807sp-fm-radio-receiver-with-the-raspberry-pi

There is a ZIP file attached which contains status.c which will give you the status of TEA.
The only point being you will have to convert the code to suite  Arduino.

Let me know if you find anything interesting. 

Go Up
 


Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy