Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can I drive a Darlington with 3.3v digital ouptut  (Read 329 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi All

Looking to switch three 12v/80ma LED strips from a 3.3v arduino. Will the uln2803a work (http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/uln2803a.pdf). I read in a bunch of places that it would, but the datasheet says "The ULN2803A has a 2.7-kΩ series base resistor for each Darlington pair for operation directly with TTL or 5-V CMOS devices."

If it will work, it looks like I just connec the digital OP to the array, right?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

Yes.

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

the land of sun+snow
Faraday Member
View Profile

All you have to do is look in your d/s at the line which says "On-state input voltage".
What does it say?

View Profile

All you have to do is look in your d/s at the line which says "On-state input voltage".
What does it say?

Thanks. Still trying to figure out what's what on these data sheets. Not sure how to interpret this though. I *think* it means that if I use 3v as input I can get a max of 300mA through the device at 25-deg C. Not sure how I influence Vce in fig 4 though

Regards

mark

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: