Go Down

Topic: Can I drive a Darlington with 3.3v digital ouptut (Read 449 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi All

Looking to switch three 12v/80ma LED strips from a 3.3v arduino. Will the uln2803a work (http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/uln2803a.pdf). I read in a bunch of places that it would, but the datasheet says "The ULN2803A has a 2.7-k? series base resistor for each Darlington pair for operation directly with TTL or 5-V CMOS devices."

If it will work, it looks like I just connec the digital OP to the array, right?

Thanks in advance

Mark

fungus

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

oric_dan

All you have to do is look in your d/s at the line which says "On-state input voltage".
What does it say?

All you have to do is look in your d/s at the line which says "On-state input voltage".
What does it say?

Thanks. Still trying to figure out what's what on these data sheets. Not sure how to interpret this though. I *think* it means that if I use 3v as input I can get a max of 300mA through the device at 25-deg C. Not sure how I influence Vce in fig 4 though

Regards

mark

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy