Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Taiji-Uino Due RTC broken? Nope, just missing a crystal.  (Read 731 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello,

I wanted to use Markus's really nice RTC library on my Taiji-Uino Due but the code is not working. 

Here is his library: https://github.com/MarkusLange/Arduino-Due-RTC-Library

If I run the example "Due_RTC_Simple_Sample", I do not get anything back on the serial monitor.  However, If I plug in my Arduino brand Arduino Due, I get results like I expect from the example sketch.

I have a second Taiji-Uino and that one is having the same problem...  Maybe I got a couple of them from a bad batch?

Can someone else with a Taiji-uino Due verify what I am seeing?

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 06:05:59 pm by kcore » Logged

Germany
View Profile

Hello,

I wanted to use Markus's really nice RTC library on my Taiji-Uino Due but the code is not working. 

Here is his library: https://github.com/MarkusLange/Arduino-Due-RTC-Library

If I run the example "Due_RTC_Simple_Sample", I do not get anything back on the serial monitor.  However, If I plug in my Arduino brand Arduino Due, I get results like I expect from the example sketch.

I have a second Taiji-Uino and that one is having the same problem...  Maybe I got a couple of them from a bad batch?

Can someone else with a Taiji-uino Due verify what I am seeing?
Hi kcore,

did you check this line?

Code:
// Select the Slowclock source
//RTC_clock rtc_clock(RC);
RTC_clock rtc_clock(XTAL);

In the Sample may the Taiji-Uino has no crystal on the surface, so that you need to choose the RC.

B.R.

Markus

View Profile

Yup, looks like the Taiji-uino clone skipped a component.  There's no crystal.

If you un-comment the line:
RTC_clock rtc_clock(RC);

...it will work on the Taiji-uino.  Thanks for clearing that up Markus and btw, your work around here is much appreciated.  Electric house can't exactly skimp on an RTC because it's baked into the silicon!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: