Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Micro RX/TX pins and Bluetooth serial communication  (Read 1357 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello,

I'm using an Arduino Micro and an SilverMate bluetooth module connected to it. I've tried Serial, Serial1, SoftwareSerial and still got nothing on RX/TX pins. I am able to communicate with the bt module by Putty (command mode works).

Code:
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
 SoftwareSerial mySerial(0, 1);

void setup() {
Serial1.begin(57600);
Serial1.println("Test");

Serial.begin(57600);
Serial.println("Test1");

mySerial.begin(57600);
mySerial.println("Test2");
}
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:55:50 pm by Rafyram » Logged

Sweden
View Profile

- Does the silvermate and arduino share the same ground?
- Did you check the RX, TX lines..?? RX (arduino) to TX (bluetooth) and vice versa..
- Did you try a baudrate of 115200.. From my own experience and according to the datasheet that is the default one..
- When you're in command mode it's important to send a carriage return each time you finish of a sub-command.. (you enter command mode with three "$" without a carriage return)..
- If it's a yes on all of the above and it's still not working, then please provide us with some kind of schematic of how you connected everything together...

Just a note: I'm working on a library that will simplify the communication and command set between a leonardo and this bluetooth module.. It's working pretty good so far, but unfortunately not finished yet..

//Basel

View Profile

Hello,

I had cleared my code, rewired the modules and all worked fine. Not sure what caused the problem but i got it working. Thank you

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: