Go Down

Topic: Arduino Micro RX/TX pins and Bluetooth serial communication (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Rafyram

Apr 24, 2013, 12:44 am Last Edit: Apr 24, 2013, 01:55 am by Rafyram Reason: 1
Hello,

I'm using an Arduino Micro and an SilverMate bluetooth module connected to it. I've tried Serial, Serial1, SoftwareSerial and still got nothing on RX/TX pins. I am able to communicate with the bt module by Putty (command mode works).

Code: [Select]
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial mySerial(0, 1);

void setup() {
Serial1.begin(57600);
Serial1.println("Test");

Serial.begin(57600);
Serial.println("Test1");

mySerial.begin(57600);
mySerial.println("Test2");
}

baselsw

- Does the silvermate and arduino share the same ground?
- Did you check the RX, TX lines..?? RX (arduino) to TX (bluetooth) and vice versa..
- Did you try a baudrate of 115200.. From my own experience and according to the datasheet that is the default one..
- When you're in command mode it's important to send a carriage return each time you finish of a sub-command.. (you enter command mode with three "$" without a carriage return)..
- If it's a yes on all of the above and it's still not working, then please provide us with some kind of schematic of how you connected everything together...

Just a note: I'm working on a library that will simplify the communication and command set between a leonardo and this bluetooth module.. It's working pretty good so far, but unfortunately not finished yet..

//Basel

Rafyram

Hello,

I had cleared my code, rewired the modules and all worked fine. Not sure what caused the problem but i got it working. Thank you

Go Up