Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: please help me please !  (Read 426 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

im using the Parallax Say It Module (#30080) with the Arduino uno using this guide
http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/comm/30080-SayItModule-v1.1.pdf
the problem is every time that i try to connect the program "say it GUI" it say's "could not detect the device connected to port "COM5" "
i tried to change the port but still the same please help.

View Profile

im using the Parallax Say It Module (#30080) with the Arduino uno using this guide
http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/comm/30080-SayItModule-v1.1.pdf
the problem is every time that i try to connect the program "say it GUI" it say's "could not detect the device connected to port "COM5" "
i tried to change the port but still the same please help.
have you used a Arduino before on your pc?
if you haven't, go to control panel  and serach for device manager and go to com ports. are you able to see the audrino there? with me it says Arduino Uno (com3) if you do try the change the com port to that port it migth work. if you dot find the Arduino you probably have a unkown device and then you have to install the driver

View Profile

i have used the arduino before, and for some reason where ever i connect it it identify it as com 5, also i can program it throw that port.

God Member
View Profile

Do you have the equivalent of the "PicBasic Bridge Program" for the arduino? Based on that guide, there is a program that is run on the basic stamp which is used to connect between the stamp and the module. If you don't have that on the arduino, then I would imagine it would complain.

View Profile

i have it but i think it works with the bow bot or parallex devices which the arduino is not. (or i don't know how to use it).

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Faraday Member
I learn a bit every time I visit the forum.
View Profile

If you can get Serial Monitor to find it on COM5 then it's COM5.

Using the Say It GUI Software
With the Say It GUI software for your PC and your BASIC Stamp 2 development board, you can test the
Say It module and train it to recognize your custom commands. During training, the BASIC Stamp 2
handles the Say It module-to-PC communication through the provided PBASIC “bridge” program. Once
your you have defined and tested your commands, the GUI software will generate a new PBASIC
template program ready for you to add the actions to take when your voice commands are received.
Follow the steps below to connect to the Say It module via the GUI software. This example assumes you
are using a Board of Education with BASIC Stamp 2, and you have previously installed the BASIC Stamp
Editor and tested the programming connection.

Examples can be found in your IDE.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: