Go Down

Topic: Driving TWO 7" TFT displays (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

cowasaki

Apr 28, 2013, 01:05 pm Last Edit: Apr 28, 2013, 01:29 pm by cowasaki Reason: 1
Has anyone tried driving two displays from one DUE?  If the 16 data lines can be shared it should only take another 5 lines per display......  Is this something that anybody has yet looked at?

If I can get dual 7" touch screens working using the 34 pin header of the due and use the rest for the remainder of the project that would be seriously useful.....

ODwyerPW

Quiero una vida simple en Mexico...nada mas.

cowasaki

Graynomad

I'm not familiar with the pinout of these, why does it need 5 separate signals per display?

Do you have a data sheet?

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

cowasaki

I'm not familiar with the pinout of these, why does it need 5 separate signals per display?

Do you have a data sheet?

______
Rob

There are 16 data pins plus 5 control pins that control the actual screen.

DB0-DB15, RS, WR, RD, CS, RESET.

Graynomad

OK, as I would expect, I see no reason you can't common all this signals except CS, that's how most (all?) similar systems work.

That doesn't really help with your original question I guess but on the face of it I can't see any reason not to do as you suggest unless there's some silly dependencies with these particular devices.

_____
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview