Go Down

Topic: CreateProcess error=2 while uploading Blink on Arduino 101 (Read 109 times) previous topic - next topic

Bluelizard658

Hi all,
New to Arduino and this forum.  I have both an Uno and 101 boards.  I can successfully upload Blink to the 101 board but I get the CreateProcess error=2 with the 101 board.

I've install  Intel Curie Boards core 1.0.5 and selected the port. I noticed that only one possible port is possible select after switching back and forth between Uno and 101, but the port is different for each even though I'm using the same USB cable and port. Don't think it is a port problem since I can get the board Info successfully.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the 101 core and have the same problem.  Tried resetting both buttons many times. Unplugging USB and user other ports.
I am at my wits end. Not a great way to start using the 101.  Here is full error msg:

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Users\micha_000\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.4+1.18/arduino101load/arduino101load": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
   at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
   at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
   at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:130)
   at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:209)
   at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
   at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1186)
   at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1160)
   at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1132)
   at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2409)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
   at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)
   at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
   at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
   ... 9 more

nathancamp

Bluelizard658

I'm running 1.6.7, but I just realized that  <arduino101load.exe> was not in the path. So I removed the core and reinstalled and immediately got a Trojan warning from McAfee.  It removed the file because it detected a virus.
Just noticed another post with a similar problem. They fix their problem by loading core 1.0.4.  Probably didn't notice the virus message like me the first time.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy