Go Down

Topic: avrdude stk500_getsync(): not in sync resp=0x00 EasyVR shield (Read 169 times) previous topic - next topic

fischer12

Hi everyone.
I got an Arduino UNO, which i have installed the driver correctly and he works perfectly, I upload the code and no error is shown.I have as well an EasyVR arduino shield, which I connect to the arduino UNO them to the PC (J12 is on PC). I run the Easy Commander programm and it connects to the shield without a problem. I recorded all the commands and generate the code with it. My problem is when I try to upload the code to the EasyVR(which is connected to the arduino obviously) I get the following message:

avrdude stk500_getsync(): not in sync resp=0x00

and it appears only when the shield is connected to the arduino.
can someone help me on this one?, I will be very greatful.

Budvar10

This is a problem with some shields which use Rx, Tx pins (0,1). These pins are used for USB/serial Arduino communication. If there is connected another device the USB/serial circuit is malfunctioned due to impedance mismatch. The solution is to disconnect the shield before each upload.

In my designs in such cases I am using electronic switch driven by RTS signal since this signal is unused in newer boards. It was used for auto reset same as DTR. Unfortunately RTS is not pinned out. I had have modify avrdude to keep the RTS low during the upload and also I have my own board with the RTS and DTR pinned out. Here is some info about my Arduino variant: forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=277260.0
Arduino clone with ATmega1284P

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy