Go Down

Topic: Datasheets and Cockroaches (Read 797 times) previous topic - next topic

Coding Badly

While shopping for a phototransistor, I came across this...

Applications
. Infrared applied system
. Camera
. Cockroach catcher

WTF?

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

codlink

Care to share the link?  That is puzzling.  Might be a spell checker mistake.

But if a phototransistor can catch cockroaches, I know a few family members that could use them..
//LiNK

Coding Badly

Caught your eye tho!

It did!  My first thought was that it was a nose-thumb at the boss: "That idiot endlessly complains about my work.  I wonder if he even reads these datasheets.  I think I'll find out..."

Coding Badly

Care to share the link?

http://www.everlight.com/datasheets/PT333-3C_datasheet.pdf

A quick Google search reveals that "cockroach catcher" is in other Everlight datasheets.

Might be a spell checker mistake.

"Cockroach catcher" a spell checker mistake?  Maybe in Chinese but certainly not in English.  There aren't many (any?) words close to "cockroach" in spelling.

But if a phototransistor can catch cockroaches, I know a few family members that could use them..

I'm certainly wondering how the phototransistor is used in that application.  If I figure it out I'll pass on the news.

Sidebar: I am very pleased with the phototransistor referenced above.  It plus a 100 KΩ resistor is an excellent choice for detecting "dark".

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy