Go Down

Topic: Datasheets and Cockroaches (Read 677 times) previous topic - next topic

Coding Badly

While shopping for a phototransistor, I came across this...

Applications
. Infrared applied system
. Camera
. Cockroach catcher

WTF?

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

codlink

Care to share the link?  That is puzzling.  Might be a spell checker mistake.

But if a phototransistor can catch cockroaches, I know a few family members that could use them..
//LiNK

Coding Badly

Caught your eye tho!

It did!  My first thought was that it was a nose-thumb at the boss: "That idiot endlessly complains about my work.  I wonder if he even reads these datasheets.  I think I'll find out..."

Coding Badly

Care to share the link?

http://www.everlight.com/datasheets/PT333-3C_datasheet.pdf

A quick Google search reveals that "cockroach catcher" is in other Everlight datasheets.

Might be a spell checker mistake.

"Cockroach catcher" a spell checker mistake?  Maybe in Chinese but certainly not in English.  There aren't many (any?) words close to "cockroach" in spelling.

But if a phototransistor can catch cockroaches, I know a few family members that could use them..

I'm certainly wondering how the phototransistor is used in that application.  If I figure it out I'll pass on the news.

Sidebar: I am very pleased with the phototransistor referenced above.  It plus a 100 KΩ resistor is an excellent choice for detecting "dark".

Go Up