Go Down

Topic: Repurposing photocopier components. No data sheet found for STA7100M (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

JR351

I am hoping to reuse several components from a photocopier I dismantled recently. I understand it is sometimes difficult to come across data sheets for some parts and am having trouble here.

I have the "driver main pwb" with five drivers, all of them being Sanken STA7100M in an SIP18 configuration. There are other similar drivers on other circuit boards (SLA7032M) that I have found datasheets for. Would it be safe to assume that the two ICs are similar enough that I could operate these 7100s as I would expect to use the others? In terms of operating voltage/current/pinout, etc.

On a side note, I have only thought of taking components and using them with the Arduino, but recently watched a video where they were leaving devices intact and only altered their programming to get it to do different things. That being said, I am very interested in learning how to repurpose things in this way, and would be thankful for any words of advise on getting started, links, tutorials, and so on. I will certainly look more into it myself, but a quick point in the right direction could save me a ton of time.

jremington

Would it be safe to assume that the two ICs are similar enough that I could operate these 7100s as I would expect to use the others?
Not at all, but you could certainly try.

Go Up