Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Are all Arduino Boards compatible with each other?  (Read 539 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi, I am new to Arduino and I want to get one for some projects but I don't know which one to buy. The old first versions were designed around the 8-bit Atmel AVR microcontroller and the newer ones such as the Arduino Due use a 32-bit ARM core microcontroller. Does it matter which one I buy to use on some projects I see on this forum or on other websites? Are all the different Arduino boards compatible for all of the existing Arduino projects? That is, a 32-bit microcontroller would work on older projects that used a the 8-bit microcontroller? What would your recommend for a first Starter Kit with an Arduino board? Thanks much.  smiley-neutral

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

no, the 32 bitter is not compatible with the 8 bit models in many ways, and if you are a starter I would avoid the due its still in its "kicking and screaming" phase

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Starting out there is no better choice then the current Uno board, it's the best one to get you through the initial learning curve and basic tutorials. Later board choices can be then driven by specific project requirements.

Lefty

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

Are all the different Arduino boards compatible for all of the existing Arduino projects?
Basically no.
They each have their own advantages / disadvantages.
Like the others said start with a Uno.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: