Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ATMega328 Fuse Bits & Boot Loader Wiped  (Read 679 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have some atmega328 chips and the fuse bits have been wiped (not by me) along with the bootloader.  Any ideas as to what could cause this?

P.S.  I already CAN fix the issue I'm just curious as to what is causing it.  I do NOT want fixes for the chip itself, just suggestions on what could be causing the issue.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Didn't think that was possible without reprogramming via ICSP, or via "high voltage" programming.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

Assuming I was using a 5V regulator and a 12V wall wart, could an accidental HV programming take place?

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

No.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

I wonder what took place then.  They can't just randomly drop the boot loader and reset all fuses to 0x00.

Wahiawa, Hawaii
God Member
View Profile

How can you tell all the fuses are at 0x00?  What are you using to show that?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: