Go Down

Topic: UTFT read screen (Read 778 times) previous topic - next topic

cowasaki

Anyone know if it is possible to read what is on a UTFT display at a particular location....

I could do with reading either the whole screen or a section of it so that I can put it back after a pop up has appeared.

Im using the SSD1963, CTE 7" display using same pin outs as CTE use on their shields....

Docedison

May 02, 2013, 02:59 am Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 03:03 am by Docedison Reason: 1
use the GLCD.print("..."); method that wrote the text in the first place just call it after the popup...
AFAIK there is no way to 'read' the display and If there were, You would STILL have to print it again
So. What are you saving..
If you are printing variables that might change then call the method that printed the changes data.

Doc
--> WA7EMS <--
"The solution of every problem is another problem." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

cowasaki

I didn't think that there would be but it was worth a check.  I'm writing a library which will not know what it is overwriting.  There are ways round it but it just makes it more complicated.

Docedison

How? you know what was there originally and where it's at... just refresh the overwritten data. It works for me and I have about 4 of those displays in use.

Doc
--> WA7EMS <--
"The solution of every problem is another problem." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

cowasaki

How? you know what was there originally and where it's at... just refresh the overwritten data. It works for me and I have about 4 of those displays in use.

Doc

I am writing a GUI with pop up touch screen keyboard etc.  The library pop up routines will not know what has been draw but I have had a think about the way I am doing everything and will have objects for everything on screen so I can cycle through them redrawing any that have been overwritten.  Being able to read the screen would just have made things simpler especially if I were to implement a mouse pointer.

Go Up