Go Down

Topic: Communicate with third party RF transmitter (Read 349 times) previous topic - next topic

magnomp

I have to build a device that receives data from a RF device that I know nothing about, except that it works with 433.96mhz

I started with Virtualwire, but I realized that I don't even know the what bit rate to set

What do I have to find out in order to succefully read the data from the transmiter?

I'm building a repeater... In the worst case, if I can't read (interpret) the transmission, but can receive and retransmit, it would be OK for me

Grumpy_Mike

Use an oscilloscope to look at the data you are receiving. That will tell you what type it is and what speed it is going at.

magnomp

Unfortunately I don't have access to an osciloscope :(
Is there a way arduino could log whatever-is-comming-from-receiver so that I could later analyse it like if I were using an osciloscope?

PeterH

What do I have to find out in order to succefully read the data from the transmiter?

Before you even think about connecting it up to your Arduino, you need to know what connections it uses and what voltages it presents or needs to be supplied on each connection.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Grumpy_Mike

Unfortunately I don't have access to an osciloscope :(
Is there a way arduino could log whatever-is-comming-from-receiver so that I could later analyse it like if I were using an osciloscope?

There are many projects out there that turn an arduino and laptop into an oscilloscope, unfortunately not a very good one.

You need tools to do a job. It is like saying you want to cut a bar of 1" square steel in half and you haven't got a saw but you have a banana.

mauried

You need to know a lot more about the Transmitter.
How does it send data, what type of modulation is used.
Without an oscilloscope, this will be very difficult to do.

Go Up