Go Down

Topic: How can I control audio volume with Arduino? (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

Jomn

If  u r a hobbyist then I suggest that u buy electrical junk like old defective Radios, Stereos, TVs, VCRs ...etc.

Then salvage whatever you need whenever u need it!  ;)

Goodluck

Maybe I'll give it a try. Or I could just hack into the rotaty pot meter on my cheap car stereo I'm using for this project :)

Thanks!
Be patient, I'm new here :)

stcrooks

Hey Jomn. I was in the same boat as you. I opted for a PT2257 to control the volume for a project I have on the go at the moment.

Great way of learning, read the datasheets.
Build the example circuits that most datasheets have, on a breadboard.

It was a bit unfortunate that I couldn't find a lib for the PT2257. So I wrote one myself, which was another challenge for a newbie. (To be honest it's not complete, but it functions for my needs.)

There are some good tutorials here....http://tronixstuff.wordpress.com/2010/10/20/tutorial-arduino-and-the-i2c-bus/

Good luck with your project. It will be frustrating at times, but when you have a working example, you get a great feeling. Then you move onto the next part & start the process again.

Jomn

Hey Jomn. I was in the same boat as you. I opted for a PT2257 to control the volume for a project I have on the go at the moment.

Great way of learning, read the datasheets.
Build the example circuits that most datasheets have, on a breadboard.

It was a bit unfortunate that I couldn't find a lib for the PT2257. So I wrote one myself, which was another challenge for a newbie. (To be honest it's not complete, but it functions for my needs.)

There are some good tutorials here....http://tronixstuff.wordpress.com/2010/10/20/tutorial-arduino-and-the-i2c-bus/

Good luck with your project. It will be frustrating at times, but when you have a working example, you get a great feeling. Then you move onto the next part & start the process again.

Thanks! And yes, I know how it is to feel frustrated and just want to throw it all away, but that just makes it feel even better when it suddenly starts working :D And thank you for the tutorials, I will take a look at them.
Be patient, I'm new here :)

Go Up