Go Down

Topic: Need some advice (Read 2103 times) previous topic - next topic

cr0sh

An Arduino is dead until you load a sketch into it....

Not sure about clones, but I'm pretty sure that stock official UNO's come with the blink sketch pre-loaded, that blinks the LED on pin 13...
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

ok thanks I will check it out in a little while. I made a small circuit. Its nothing great but let me know if this is ok. Im using a 6v battery. I have connected a push switch its spst is series with (this part is in parallel, 330 ohm series w/ led, in parallel with 330 ohm series w/ led, parallel with 330 ohm series w/ led) if this makes since. spst+ (330+led II 330+led II 330+led). not for sure the mA of the leds because Ive had them for awhile I do have a multi meter how whould I check the mA of the led using it? thanks Also, when I download the ide is it the very top one that says windows? I tried that one last night and I couldn't figure anything out but it was late, will I get a shortcut on my desktop bc I cant find it now? I have a windows 8 computer too, will that matter? thanks

JimboZA

An Arduino is dead until you load a sketch into it....

Not sure about clones, but I'm pretty sure that stock official UNO's come with the blink sketch pre-loaded, that blinks the LED on pin 13...

That's interesting, and makes sense as an out-the-box test. But when we got ours a year ago I didn't read that anywhere. Nor did I notice the LED blinking, not that I would have been looking....

I figured it out I had to add the device so that I could get the serial port. thanks. Ive used the examples to do the blink fade and helloworld. and did some different numbers for slower/longer fading periods or delays I also wrote happy birthday to my sister on the lcd. do you know how to get a digital dimmer over a period of time?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy