Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need some advice  (Read 1600 times)
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

An Arduino is dead until you load a sketch into it....

Not sure about clones, but I'm pretty sure that stock official UNO's come with the blink sketch pre-loaded, that blinks the LED on pin 13...

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

View Profile

ok thanks I will check it out in a little while. I made a small circuit. Its nothing great but let me know if this is ok. Im using a 6v battery. I have connected a push switch its spst is series with (this part is in parallel, 330 ohm series w/ led, in parallel with 330 ohm series w/ led, parallel with 330 ohm series w/ led) if this makes since. spst+ (330+led II 330+led II 330+led). not for sure the mA of the leds because Ive had them for awhile I do have a multi meter how whould I check the mA of the led using it? thanks Also, when I download the ide is it the very top one that says windows? I tried that one last night and I couldn't figure anything out but it was late, will I get a shortcut on my desktop bc I cant find it now? I have a windows 8 computer too, will that matter? thanks

Johannesburg. UTC+2
Faraday Member
View Profile

An Arduino is dead until you load a sketch into it....

Not sure about clones, but I'm pretty sure that stock official UNO's come with the blink sketch pre-loaded, that blinks the LED on pin 13...

That's interesting, and makes sense as an out-the-box test. But when we got ours a year ago I didn't read that anywhere. Nor did I notice the LED blinking, not that I would have been looking....

The Elders of the Internet know who I am
I'm on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimbrownza

View Profile

I figured it out I had to add the device so that I could get the serial port. thanks. Ive used the examples to do the blink fade and helloworld. and did some different numbers for slower/longer fading periods or delays I also wrote happy birthday to my sister on the lcd. do you know how to get a digital dimmer over a period of time?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: