Go Down

Topic: Can this Sure GLCD use Arduino library (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

Riva

Riva - I removed the display from the breadboard [too many wires to disconnect from the Uno  8)] and the code uploaded but still nothing showing on the display. I also plugged an external 9V power supply into the barrel jack of the board.

Sorry Pedro147 I can't really help with the display though I will look in some detail later (meant to be working).
Did you have the 9V supply connected before when it failed to upload the sketch or have you since connected it? If it was running off 9V then maybe there is a screen/wiring problem or it's still drawing to much power.

cowasaki

And all the connections are as per the above table? Does the lcd light up?

Pedro147

May 17, 2013, 03:22 pm Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 03:39 pm by Pedro147 Reason: 1
Riva - when I initially tried to upload the code I did not have the 9V supply connected. When you suggested that I try to upload with the display disconnected, I removed the display from the breadboard and the code uploaded successfully, so then I plugged the 9V supply into the board just in case it was drawing more current than the USB could supply.

cowasaki - yes I have checked the connectionS and they are as shown in the PDF that Docedison posted the link to in reply #2 of this thread. The LCD back light is lighting up.

Edit - I investigated a little further and found out that the code will not upload with the display connected to the breadboard with either USB only power or with both USB and 9V supply connected simultaneously, but if I remove the display from the breadboard the code will upload with only USB power connected or both USB and 9V

Riva

Edit - I investigated a little further and found out that the code will not upload with the display connected to the breadboard with either USB only power or with both USB and 9V supply connected simultaneously, but if I remove the display from the breadboard the code will upload with only USB power connected or both USB and 9V

The display should be wired for type B pinouts. It sounds like the your drawing to much current. Is the backlight powered from the arduino 5V pin? Disconnect it (pin 19 on the LCD) and see if you can upload code then.

Pedro147

It is wired up as type B, and I disconnected pin 19 power and still no upload. I have checked and rechecked the connections and they are all correct

Go Up