Go Down

Topic: Wii Nunchuck Mouse (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hello all. I am new to this community as well as the Arduino in general. I consider myself pretty computer smart, but never got into programming. So anyway, I had a friend who has givin me a Arduino Uno board, as well as jumpers, resistors, leds, etc. I have read quite a few articles of people using the nunchuck as a mouse on their computer. I would love to do this so I can have a mouse easier to use when on couch, or in bed. I got the pinout, and from a few different tutorials, got to the point I am at now. Trying various codes, only one I found to do anything was a Wii Nunchuck demo, which when Arduino Monitor was open, it seemed to be reading all buttons, joystick, accel numbers correctly. So I guess question being, does anyone have a working code for Arduino 1.0+, and also, how do I take this serial data, and make into mouse movements? Any help is GREATLY appriciated. I look forward to learning how to use this awesome platform!

Unfortunately as far as I can tell, the only way to make a non-leonardo board act as a HID device is to reprogram the 8u2 and/or the computer. So unfortunately without a leonardo or advanced programming skills you won't be able to do it.
Check out the leonardo here!        http://arduino.cc/en/Main/arduinoBoardLeonardo

May 03, 2013, 05:14 pm Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 05:41 pm by DJCorndawg Reason: 1
Hmmm. I may have to look into getting that board once I learn to use this one decently. Well, that was my only idea of what to do with the board, so I will have to come up with something else! :/ I also received 10 Bare Conductive Paint pens (THESE THINGS ARE AWESOME!!!), so might try to use some of that in whatever I come up with. Would like to add a ethernet shield to be able to do internet related projects. Untill then, just guess Ill try to do some more learning! :) Thanks for the kind reply.

Is this a good way to go about using a nunchuck on the Uno?

There is a port of V-USB for the arduino. I have not tried it but it may do what you want.
Don't PM me for help as I will ignore it.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131