Go Down

Topic: using the Propeller Servo Controller for multiple servos (Read 530 times) previous topic - next topic

jjrabie

hey there,

im using the Parallax Propeller Servo Controller (http://www.parallax.com/Store/Accessories/MotorServoControllers/tabid/160/ProductID/595/List/0/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName) to control multiple servos but am totally stumped as to how to use it....I know I have to use the SoftwareSerial library to make another Serial to communicate bw the arduino and the PPSC but having trouble with that and even if that were to work I don't know how to separately control the servos and their speeds.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

MarkT

At the top of page 4 of the documentation there are sections headed "Communication Protocol" and "Command Set".
2400 baud is the important point to note.  You need to run the serial Rx/Tx plus ground to the relevant header ("serial in")
on the board, the upper three pins I think (read page 3)...   Not sure it says which way round Rx and Tx are though (naughty).
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

zoomkat

If you only need to send commands to the servo board and not receive info back, then you could just connect the arduino TTL tx serial pin to the servo board TTL rx serial pin and connect the arduino and servo board grounds. I don't like the use of non ascii control bytes on the servo board as it makes testing a little more difficult.
Google forum search: Use Google Advanced Search and use Http://forum.arduino.cc/index in the "site or domain:" box.

Go Up