Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hi  (Read 513 times)
View Profile
Hi
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Just joined the forum. I know absolutely nothing about Arduino except how to spell it.

Probably be a serial pest on this forum until I get a bit of experience.

Bought an Arduino Starter Kit came with lots components but no instructions Have some boards that I cannot identify but will get there. At least I can manage to upload "sketches" to the board and been playing around with modifying them.

Adrian

Ayer, Massachusetts, USA
Edison Member
View Profile

Just joined the forum. I know absolutely nothing about Arduino except how to spell it.

Probably be a serial pest on this forum until I get a bit of experience.

Welcome, most of us started that way.  Obviously once you become experienced, you need to pay it forward and help the next people to join.

Bought an Arduino Starter Kit came with lots components but no instructions Have some boards that I cannot identify but will get there. At least I can manage to upload "sketches" to the board and been playing around with modifying them.
Same here.  Even though the vendor I bought the kit from sells electronic parts, I have not ordered anything else from them after getting one plastic bag filled with unlabeled components.  After a bit, I went to the original ebay entry, and I was able to identify most of the things by checking them off the list.  I do go back to vendors that clearly have things labeled, and especially to those that have tutorials on their site (or links to other sites).

View Profile

Thanks for the welcome.
My kit came in a nice plastic storage box with 2 breadboards a shield switches resistors stepper motor servo motor driver shield 7 x 7segment LEDs 25 lengths wire with pins and 2 boards I can't id and a battery pack. I bought them off eBay for AU$66 inc postage. But no instructions included. I ended up buying 30 Arduino projects for the evil genius and working through the projects.

I can't buy this sort of item in the town I live in (2.5 hours away from decent sized town) and the electronic store I can get them from would not take my order over the phone (won't accept credit card details). Now I will have to relearn C programming did start at Uni but that was 22 years ago.

Reason I am taking up this Arduino stuff is I don't want to get left behind by my Grandkids (there you go showing my age) I would at least like to know what they are talking about and help if needed.

I do have a low level background in electronics did electrical engineering and worked as an electronics tech for awhile but then went back to my trade as a boilermaker/welder.

Well that's enough about me.

Adrian

Malaysia
Stay calm and call batman!
View Profile

i hope you are enjoying the forum and arduino!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: