Go Down

Topic: Custom character generator for 16x Freetronics LCD+keypad (Read 8 times) previous topic - next topic

aarondc

May 04, 2013, 08:02 am Last Edit: Aug 02, 2013, 03:19 am by aarondc Reason: 1
Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85621331/custom%20char.zip

I wanted to add some custom characters, and it was fiddly designing them by hand. I also wanted to see what the text lines looked like without constantly counting characters in strings.

So I wrote a little utility to help. I am curious if anyone would be interested in the app - it's Windows only, sorry.

It looks like this:

If there's any interest, I just need somewhere to upload it. If there's something better already in existence, great, please let me know :D

Windows serial port monitor: Tellurium | Arduino serial port debugging library: DBG | Cusom LCD char generator | Technical questions will only be answered in forum threads

aarondc

I'm probably going to write some other utilities as I get into Arduino development, so it would be good to know if there's any interest in sharing them with the community.

They're written in Delphi and use custom VCL components, so releasing source is not really an option, but am happy to release them as freeware.

Also: please let me know if there is a better place to post these sorts of messages.
Windows serial port monitor: Tellurium | Arduino serial port debugging library: DBG | Cusom LCD char generator | Technical questions will only be answered in forum threads

codlink

Neat little program.  You could upload it to somewhere like sourceforge or github.  Is it stand-alone or do you have an installer?  You could technically zip it up and upload to any file sharing site.

If you give a link to the download, I would use it..
//LiNK

Graynomad

That's quite nice, which way does the data entry work, I assume clicking on the "dots" in the graphic changes the code snippet.

Also can it generate a 2-dimensional array for X number of chars?

Doesn't matter what you do, people always want more eh :)
______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

aarondc

That's quite nice, which way does the data entry work, I assume clicking on the "dots" in the graphic changes the code snippet.

Also can it generate a 2-dimensional array for X number of chars?

Doesn't matter what you do, people always want more eh :)
______
Rob

Yeah that's right. Click a dot and the code is updated. The 16x2 only allows 8 custom characters so doing them individually seemed good enough. I had lots of other ideas to enhance it but KISS is working as I focus on the Arduino programming :)

If / when I upload it I will post a link.

Have struggled with the Arduino IDE  :-/ I am designing a replacement for that in my head. Eesh!

Go Up