Go Down

Topic: Is My UNO Burned? (Read 614 times) previous topic - next topic

hisashime

I was running a stepper using sn75441ONE following the diagram in arduino.cc example. It was working fine. Then I plug in an external power supply 24V to in input(VCC2-Pin8) of the SN75441one. Stepper is working fine. Then I accidentally jam the stepper motor and the SN75441one *POPs* and I pull out the power.
Now my UNO cannot be connected to the PC. 'L' has light(Not Blinking), 'ON' has Light when I plug in the usb cable. ATMEGA328 get hot so I remove it.
Plug in again the LMV328 gets hot also. Upon looking closely there is a burned mark near the reset button.
Is my UNO burned? Can it be saved.

codlink

I don't see any broken traces, but your pic isn't that good.

You can purchase another atmega328p chip by itself with the bootloader already installed and see if it's just the chip.
//LiNK

TheBossCookie

it might be it looks like a white shadow is around some of those components

stonent

Was that big scratch already there?

The easiest thing to do is buy a pre=programmed Atmega328p-pu chip from Sparkfun, Adafruit or one of those sites. If you buy a bare chip, you'll need the bootloader on it which you won't be able to do without a programmer or another functioning arduino.

hisashime

Was that big scratch already there?

The easiest thing to do is buy a pre=programmed Atmega328p-pu chip from Sparkfun, Adafruit or one of those sites. If you buy a bare chip, you'll need the bootloader on it which you won't be able to do without a programmer or another functioning arduino.

I scratch the board while trying to make sure there is no shorting between the copper.

It worries me to put a new Atmega328p-pu chip onto the board because when plug into the usb the chip gets HOT. If I remove the Atmega328 and replug the usb the LMV328 get HOT.

AlxDroidDev

You need to get a voltmeter and test the outputs of the voltage regulators. These are the ones most likely to fail.

Learn to live: Live to learn.
Showing off my work: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,126197.0.html

Go Up