Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Remvoing the chip?  (Read 453 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Could I remove the chip from my arduino and use that in a project after I've got it programmed? I don't want to have a whole arduino in the project, just the stuff needed for it. If so, how would I go about doing so?

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Could I remove the chip from my arduino and use that in a project after I've got it programmed? I don't want to have a whole arduino in the project, just the stuff needed for it. If so, how would I go about doing so?

Just search on the term arduino standalone. People have been doing that for some years now.

Lefty

View Profile

Sorry I'm kinda new to this.

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

Yes, although it might be better to buy another chip and use that instead - that way your Arduino keeps on working. smiley

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

View Profile

I got a few chips as samples from Atmel.  You'll need a 16mhz resonator or 16mhz crystal with 2 22pf capacitors and power to vcc and ground to gnd.

Anaheim CA.
Faraday Member
View Profile

This is my Favorite development board...http://shop.evilmadscientist.com/productsmenu/tinykitlist/230 I use mine for both development and programming 328P's
and this one http://shop.evilmadscientist.com/productsmenu/tinykitlist/231 is great for the 2313 and 4313's.
All come with the chip of your choice, a 328P for the first one and a 2313 or 4313 for the second. For a little more you can buy Zif sockets (about $1.50 - $2.00) for both boards.
I wired the Adafruit programmer (Arduino as ISP) connections so that I could plug the 6 pin ISP connector from the programmer shield and Uno to either target board and so I can program any of the Dip chip's... and the 328 with or without a bootloader. All that is required is to cut the reset pin loose and connect it to the "Programming Reset" pin or the reset pin on the chip that connects to pin 10 on the programmer shield so the programmer software can control the reset line.
It works a dream.

Doc

--> WA7EMS <--
“The solution of every problem is another problem.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: