Go Down

Topic: writing .wav file to sd card?? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

rajanb89

I want to store a wave file  to a sd card, and which library should i use, i need to record from input A0 ad store it to memory card. i am able to save it as text, but ofcourse there is format for wav file, but not able to do it
Plz help me out. Have to do it urgently  :(

Grumpy_Mike

I don't think you can do this. This is because writing to an SD card can not be done at a steady regular rate so the sound file needs to be buffered. There is not enough memory on an arduino to do this. You might get more luck using a Mega with an external memory shield.

rajanb89

let say, i have record speech signal  upto 5kHz only, then i think it should be possible, i just want to write a wav file to sd, it may get be slow.
i just want to know. how to write a wave file to sd card??

fat16lib

I wrote a library to record speech quality audio using the Arduino internal ADC http://code.google.com/p/waverp/.

WaveRP is an Arduino library for recording and playing Wave files with the Adafruit Wave Shield. It records 8-bit mono files at 4,000 to 44,100 samples per second.

Use of the Wave record/play library, WaveRP, requires the following:

Arduino with a 5 volt 328 processor.

Low noise power source such as a nine volt DC adapter or battery.

Adafruit Wave Shield (version 1.1 is best but 1.0 works)

Microphone preamp. A circuit for a simple preamp is included in the documentation.

Microphone, PC type with 3.5 mm plug. See the documentation for details.

SD/SDHC formatted with 32KB allocation units.

You don't need the Wave Shield if you only want to record.  The Wave Shield has a DAC and amplifier for playing Wave files in addition to an SD interface.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy