Go Down

Topic: Due not detected via USB (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

alinmesser

I tried both the programming and native USB ports, in a Windows 7, Windows 8 and two Linux machines, but my new Arduino Due is not detected. The power led is on and the L blinks about once a second - which seems to be the factory sketch loaded.
I also tried to power it differently, with a 850mA/5V adapter, and a 2x to one USB Y cable with no luck.
I would have thought the ATMega16U2 was bad, but if that was the case why isn't the native port being detected either?
I'm a new user and really don't know what else to try.

Gericom

I tried both the programming and native USB ports, in a Windows 7, Windows 8 and two Linux machines, but my new Arduino Due is not detected. The power led is on and the L blinks about once a second - which seems to be the factory sketch loaded.
I also tried to power it differently, with a 850mA/5V adapter, and a 2x to one USB Y cable with no luck.
I would have thought the ATMega16U2 was bad, but if that was the case why isn't the native port being detected either?
I'm a new user and really don't know what else to try.

Try connecting using the native usb port. Then press the erase and the reset button at the same time. If everything went well, the bossac port will connect to your pc. You can upload a random sketch with the arduino ide then. After that, press the reset button again. And everything should work again.
Subscribe my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MKDS3

djabailey

I have the same problem, the suggested fix didn't work for me.

Gericom

No? Are you sure you connected the NATIVE port? (Not the programming one) Did you press the both buttpns correctly at the same time?

djabailey

No? Are you sure you connected the NATIVE port? (Not the programming one) Did you press the both buttpns correctly at the same time?

Yes, I did exactly as recommended, the board appears not to work.
I played around with it a little using my AVR ISP Mk2 and the chip seems fine (the 16u2) and yet the computer doesn't detect it, the only reason I can see for it not working is if the board is faulty so I'm going to get it swapped for a new one.

Gericom

I played around with it a little using my AVR ISP Mk2 and the chip seems fine (the 16u2) and yet the computer doesn't detect it, the only reason I can see for it not working is if the board is faulty so I'm going to get it swapped for a new one.

That chip is not important! That one will work always. The programming port should be recognized. It's all about the sam3x chip.

djabailey

That chip is not important! That one will work always. The programming port should be recognized. It's all about the sam3x chip.

Yes I know, the port SHOULD be recognised. If it isn't recognised by the computer AT ALL that must be a faulty board, right?

Gericom

Yes I know, the port SHOULD be recognised. If it isn't recognised by the computer AT ALL that must be a faulty board, right?

Yes, if the programming port is still recognized, the solution above works. Otherwise your board is damaged.

kgoveas

Hey,

I have the same problem with the Arduino Due. Since the programming port is recognized under Device Manager, It is obvious that the AtMega16u2 is working. But since the Native USB port does not work it concludes that the SAM3X is not responding and I have no idea why. It shows up as Unknown Device. When you try programming the Due through the programming port it shows that there is no device on the COMx which further confirms that the SAM3X is unresponsive.

Sadly it worked for 2 days and now only seems to be nothing more than a paper-weight. I hope there is a way to ressurect it.

kgoveas

Gericom

Hey,

I have the same problem with the Arduino Due. Since the programming port is recognized under Device Manager, It is obvious that the AtMega16u2 is working. But since the Native USB port does not work it concludes that the SAM3X is not responding and I have no idea why. It shows up as Unknown Device. When you try programming the Due through the programming port it shows that there is no device on the COMx which further confirms that the SAM3X is unresponsive.

Sadly it worked for 2 days and now only seems to be nothing more than a paper-weight. I hope there is a way to ressurect it.

kgoveas

Have you tried the 2 button solution?

kgoveas

Yes. I have tried the 2 buttons manipulation. I am sure it is dead.  =(

It is not responding to the RESET or the ERASE button whatsoever. Majority of the pins are just HIGH.. @3.3V (Pun Intended) :)

aditya_jain

Two button reset procedure worked for my DUE board and it detected as bossac port in device manager, all this procedure is done with USB native port. I pressed two buttons erase and reset simultaneously for 2 seconds,  and later every thing was fine ...
thank you ....  :)
aditya

Go Up