Go Down

Topic: Getting my second servo to work (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

nitromt2

MarkT, I'm sorry I'm not really sure how to clear the serial buffer do I use while
Code: [Select]
(Serial.available())
  Serial.read();

And by promting you mean I should get rid of
Serial.println("Press 4 to turn Arduino pin 4 servo to 180 or 6 to turn it to 0:");  // goes from 0 degrees to 180 degrees
and just combine it with the first serial.println?
Thanks.

MAS3

What if you try to control the first servo by anything else than "0" and "1" ?
So what if you test for "2" and "3", and what if you press wrong keys ?
And do you need to read serial, then control servo 1, and then read serial again and control servo 2 ?
Or is reading serial and then controlling the corresponding servo also an option ?
Have a look at "blink without delay".
Did you connect the grounds ?
Je kunt hier ook in het Nederlands terecht: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

nitromt2

If I control the first servo with anything else then 1 or 0 nothing happens. I have now plugged in my first servo in to pin 4 which I was using for my second servo and I discoverd if I press 4 and 6 then the servo does work. So I think that the arduino board just can't or doesn't want to control the other servo (its a different brand). Reading the serial and then controlling the corresponding servo is a option. Thanks for the reply

nitromt2

Ok I just grabbed a servo from an RC car and this one does work so now both servos are working :) one thing though when I write 1, 0, 4, or 6 I have to type it then send it and then type it and send it again for it to respond. Any ideas?

AWOL

Use a proper terminal emulator, like hyperterm or putty
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

nitromt2

May 09, 2013, 02:34 pm Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:46 pm by nitromt2 Reason: 1
I'm using putty now and I still have that same problem. Could it be that I have this running for my second servo? :
while (!Serial.available());   // stay here so long as COM port is empty [/s]
Nevermind this part wasn't the problem.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy