Ethercard twitter sketch doesn't work

HI, does this ever happen to you guys? I did as the instructions say, inserted the base64 version of my user name and password, still no tweet coming.

If you are talking about File->Examples->Ethernet->TwitterClient then I don't see anything about base64 username or password.

If you are talking about some other Twitter example you should probably provide more information about it, like where to find it.

No, I'm talking about JeeLabs' Ethercard library for the ENC28J60 chip. The example is as in Examples -> Ethercard -> twitter

This is the twitter example with the ethercard library, EtherCard/twitter.ino at main · njh/EtherCard · GitHub

What did happen ? could you copy the serial monitor messages in a post ?

still doesn't work, it stops at here

[webClient]
IP: 192.168.1.104
GW: 192.168.1.1
DNS: 192.168.1.1
SRV: 50.18.251.175

That is all it does.
It calles the website supertweet.net, and you don't have a lot feedback if it is working.

Can you do the same POST command from a command line, to see if you can get it working ?

I don't understand.what is the POST command ?

The long line in the sketch: "POST /1/statuses/update.xml HTTP/1.1 \r\n Host ...", that is the command over internet to the account at supertweet.net which supertweet.net will turn into a twitter message.

oh thank you. But how can i "do the same POST command from a command line" ?

By the way, i just happened to find out that there are already two twitter sketchs bundled in the IDE, one is in example -> ethernet -> twitterclient, another in example -> twitter -> simplepost.
The latter is actually quite short, and easy to understand, but they both didn't designed for ENC28J60.

Sending a POST from a command line seems to be done with 'curl' in linux. I have not tried that myself.

The included ethernet library is for the Ethernet Shield with the W5100 chip.
The ENC28J60 is not officially supported by the Arduino, and the ethercard library seems the best library at the moment, but they are not compatible with the Arduino Ethernet library.

If you want to experiment with a small board or a small webpage, it is possible to use the ENC28J60. But if you are not an advanced user, the Arduino Ethernet shield with library is better (and more expensive).

yes, i may consider buy myself a ethernet shield, because that's true, there are tons of tutorials and examples about the shield. By the way, why is that my ethernet module only works on 5v while it is supposed to work on 3.3? I can feel the chip on the module is a bit too hot. I succeeded to run it for 24 hours with no problem, but I'm afraid the 5v will damage it for the long run.

Can you give a link to your ENC28J60 module, or upload a photo ?

The ENC28J60 is for 3.3V, not for 5V.

I run my ENC28J60 from the 3.3V pin of a Arduino Uno.
The ENC28J60 itself gets hot, and the 3.3V voltage regulator on the Arduino board gets hot.
It seems to be normal, but I don't like it.

The W5100 chip on the Arduino Ethernet Shield gets even a little hotter.

ttttkk:
still doesn't work, it stops at here

[webClient]
IP: 192.168.1.104
GW: 192.168.1.1
DNS: 192.168.1.1
SRV: 50.18.251.175

Stucked in the same place!!! How do I get to tweet something.

I don't think you can with the ethernet library. Twitter redirects to a SSL (https) site now, and the ethernet library does not support SSL. Here is a similar topic that might help explain it.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=185323.0