Go Down

Topic: Anotomy of "applet" directory (Read 684 times) previous topic - next topic

Just curious about Ardiuno internals here. On export, a directory called "applet" is created next to the .pde file. What's going on in there? Now I appreciate Ardiuno was designed to make these kind of questions reduntant, but it's always nice to know, then forget about it!

Some things I do know. There is a .c file, which is I guess a C version of the original .pde. It strips out the .pde comments, and calls a header file from Ardiuno Install/lib/targets/arduino/WProgram.h which in turn includes other C files specific to the Atmel microprocessor. open WProgram.h in a text editor to see what these other files are.

Then there is a .hex file, this is the file that gets put on the Atmel during "Upload to board". It is, I think,  an assembled version of the compiled .c file (along with the included .h and .c files described above), and I think the compiled c file is .c.o

OK, running out of ideas here, and probably over complicating things. Anyone else able to shed some light?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131