Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help with simple PCB design with payment offer  (Read 1230 times)
Sydney
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi All,

I love tinkering with my Arduino bits and pieces. Now is the time to move towards producing my first PCB. I want to produce a small PCB (all through hole) where a sensor (eg PIR) can drive an output device (eg motor, siren etc) via a N-channel MOSFET without using a microcontroller at all. I have this design succesfully running on a breadboard at present and it has worked well for the last month. Could someone help me convert my hand drawing (attached - I think it's correct, but please check it!!) into a PCB design (as small as possible) using either Eagle or Fritzing? I intend the final product to be used in several scenarios. One to simply detect birds (damaging my garden) and firing off a siren.  The PIR I have been using is this one (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-IR-Pyroelectric-Infrared-PIR-Motion-Human-Sensor-Detector-Module-/400480258658?pt=AU_Home_Personal_Security&hash=item5d3e7bca62), and it mounts perfectly in a 12mm aluminium tube and is completely waterproof.

I am more than happy to transfer something via PayPal for your effort, or perhaps you would just like some boards. Let me know, and thanks for reading this post.

* mosfet.pdf (122.37 KB - downloaded 42 times.)

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

is that 5mm centers or 2.5 mm centers on the headers?

Sydney
View Profile

Hi,
5mm centres, 3 pins centres 0,5 & 10mm

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

define small as possible

Sydney
View Profile

Hi,
no specific size, but I will need to fit it in a suitable enclosure to protect from the weather etc. If it takes 10% of the time to get to 90% efficient design, I'm not greatly interested in someone spending 90% extra time to gain the remaining 10% :-)

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Just need this simple design?

* MOSFETcircuit.jpg (50.56 KB, 960x720 - viewed 87 times.)

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Sydney
View Profile

Thanks Crossroads,

I've just sent the money we agreed on via PayPal. I really appreciate the headstart. I've downloaded and installed the freeware version of Eagle and look forward to receiving the files via email.

Pete

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: