Go Down

Topic: Arduino Mini(5v) and Xbee Pro S2B with Bee Adapter...no discovery (Read 374 times) previous topic - next topic

senica

Hi All,

As the title suggests, I have an Arduino Mini (5v), a Bee Adapter v1.2 from ElecFreaks, and a XBee Pro S2B.

I have the switch on the Bee adapter to 3v3 and the other switch to H (not sure what that is).

If I have the XBee on the Adapter and plug in the USB, I can use X-CTU to discover the node from another Xbee I have plugged in via USB (the coordinator).

However, if I unplug the USB and power the Bee Adapter from the 5V and GND on the Arduino Mini, I can never discover the node using the coordinator and X-CTU.

Any ideas? I haven't even gotten to hooking up the RX/TX as I can't even discover the node.

Thanks for the suggestions. Oh, the power is coming from a usb to ttl adapter to the arduino mini.

Between the USB-TTL adapter and the arduino, I'm showing about 38mA.

Update: just for testing, I plugged the power from the USB-ttl directly to the the Bee Adapter, and it's not discoverable. However, if I plug in the USB (doesn't matter what computer) I can discover it.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy