Go Down

Topic: Multiple files (Read 370 times) previous topic - next topic

Jodes

I want to split up the main .ino file. Nothing I've tried has worked.

I've tried creating a foo.ino or foo.c file in the sketch folder. If I then drag it into the IDE, it asks me if I want to replace the existing foo.X file, which when I click 'Yes' then deletes that file from the sketch folder and I'm still left with just the one tab with my primary .ino file.

If I try creating the foo.ino in the sketch folder then selecting "file > open", it says that foo.ino needs to be in its own sketch folder. If I create foo.c in the sketch folder then select "file > open", it says "Processing can only open its own sketches and other files ending in .ino or .pde.

I've tried searching the net, but I'm getting a lot of 404 errors and unhelpful blog posts.

Assistance is appreciated!
Thanks

Jodes

Ah I found the answer - I didn't see the little down arrow to the right of the tabs on the very right of the window, there's a "New Tab" option, I made a .C file

Grumpy_Mike

I've tried creating a foo.ino or foo.c file in the sketch folder.

OK, now quit the IDE and start it again. When you open your program you will find a foo.c tab in the IDE window.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy