Go Down

Topic: Arduino Uno + EasyVR Shield train Speaker Dependent commands (Read 730 times) previous topic - next topic

dnear1

I have gotten pretty deep into testing this module and have most features working.  I even went as far as to load the EasyVR Bridge sketch, used EasyVR Commander and manually trained the commands on the PC.  I can get it to recognize these commands via recognizeWord(group) no problem. What's got me stuck is trying to train a speaker-dependent command offline (directly through Arduino code, not using EasyVR Commander in bridge mode).  Has anyone else gotten this working?  From the looks of page41 of the Easy VR manual, you just need to call easyvr.trainCommand(group,index) and then poll hasFinished() until true.

but, when I execute this, and continuously poll hasFinished, it always returns false.  It theoretically should time out after a few seconds.  I even tried using eraseCommand(group,index) first (it returns true) before using the trainCommand, but still get the same result.

Go Up