Go Down

Topic: Strange problem with library... (Read 295 times) previous topic - next topic

cowasaki

I am working on a library that was working fine yesterday evening but I wanted to change the name so first I backed up the whole library folder by selecting it and zipping it up and then messed with it but kept getting errors so I deleted the folder and reverted to the backup by unzipping the folder back to it's original place (this is a quick backup method I use regularly)

BUT

I am now getting errors which are silly!

This is an example of a call on the current version of the library:

Code: [Select]
DueGUI.addPanel(0,0,799,50,clrBlue,clrWhite,clrWhite,2,"Board   control   menu",280,8,BVS_34,visible,URNnull);

The final attribute "URNnull" was added yesterday but it was working for hours after being added....

Following being restored from the backup I am now getting the errors (actually I am getting pages of errors in pairs for each call, this is the pair relating to the 1st error):

/Users/darren/Documents/Arduino DUEGUI/libraries/UTFT/UTFT.h:294: error: expected ',' or '...' before numeric constant

AND

DueGUI_demo_01:178: error: no matching function for call to 'UTFT::addPanel(int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, const char [23], int, int, int, int, int)'
/Users/darren/Documents/Arduino DUEGUI/libraries/UTFT/UTFT.h:301: note: candidates are: int UTFT::addPanel(word, word, word, word, long int, long int, long int, byte, String, int, int, int, bool)

My call in the sketch is calling "addPanel" with 8 ints a string and 5 ints BUT the compiler thinks that the corresponding line in the h file only has 8 ints, a string and 4 ints......

It DID the day before but since last night it has had 5 ints following the string.

The actual line in the h file is:

int     addPanel(word x,word y,word xs,word ys,long colour,long borcolour,long textcolour,byte borwidth,String top,int xo,int yo,int font,bool visible,int URN);

and the corresponding line in the cpp file is:

int UTFT::addPanel(word x,word y,word xs,word ys,long colour,long borcolour,long textcolour,byte borwidth,String top,int xo,int yo,int font,bool visible,int URN){

This makes no sense as it all worked before.....

So I installed the IDE on another fresh computer this time running Windows7 rather than MacOS and with a completely fresh install I get the SAME issue!

I thought that it might be looking at an old file but if I go to the latest h file and insert a lot of lines before the error the line number of the error increases so the IDE is looking at the right file.

IF I remove the final attribute from the definition in the sketch, h file and in the cpp file the first error:

/Users/darren/Documents/Arduino DUEGUI/libraries/UTFT/UTFT.h:294: error: expected ',' or '...' before numeric constant

Stays but the other one goes away.....

This was working perfectly earlier and it's not now....  I cannot understand what on earth is wrong with it.

txpto

I have exactly same error that you.

In DUEGUI example, there are an error:

"extern uint8_t SmallFont[];
#include "SPI.h"
#include <UTFT.h>
UTFT TFT1(CTE70,25,26,27,28); "

Correct form:

"extern uint8_t SmallFont[];
#include "SPI.h"
#include <UTFT.h>
DUEGUI TFT1(CTE70,25,26,27,28); "

But if apply this change, addPanel have one more arguments.

If you and I solve this problem, please, report in this thread.

Thanks a lot.
Carlos

txpto

Well, I think that I have a solution.

In DUEGUI ZIP, there are two sample files:

DueGUI_demo.ino that no work correctly (+1 argument extra in prototipe function .h) and

and DUEGUI DueGUI(CTE70);   // which is: DUEGUI TFT1(CTE70,25,26,27,28);

in incorrect form.

But inside ZIP file, there are other example DueGUI_demo2.ino that works ok.

I don't know why this two example files, one works and other don't work. but I'm compiled second file and 0 errors have done.

Thanks

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy