Go Down

Topic: If you see this screen again, report it to an administrator. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

GoForSmoke

Got that database error twice when trying to list replies.

I hope this is where I should report, I dunno where else.

I find it harder to express logic in English than in Code.
Sometimes an example says more than many times as many words.

oden67

yeah I am missing  4 replies on my post , thought I have deleted them by mistake but that was not the case.

codlink

May 14, 2013, 03:53 am Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 04:05 am by codlink Reason: 1
I've been getting this too.  I am having to keep refreshing to see my posts.  It's funny it says to report to admin, but there is no link or button or...

Also the "Mark Read" isn't working very efficiently.  I have to click it 3 or 4 times to get it to work right.  First time I click all the posts are set to new, click again and some of them are read, then it takes 1 or 2 more clicks to get them as read.

I have also seen if there are images in a post, I click on one and it says I don't have permission to view it.  I refresh and then I can view it.

We need a dedicated bugs thread.  I have seen more than these that are listed.  They just don't happen as often to annoy me.  I know you guys behind the scenes are working on it.  Take your time and do it right.  Thanks for the hard work.

PS - The image attached is what I get when I post or even open a topic.  I have to keep refreshing for it to come up.  The second image is when I try to view the first image.
//LiNK

mmcp42

I keep getting
"Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator. "
when I click replies top right box

I think we have a problem Houston!
there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

Riva

May 14, 2013, 08:19 am Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 08:49 am by Riva Reason: 1
I'm having all the above problems plus hitting the 'Mark Read' button in a group will take me back to first page of that group but not mark the messages as read. I have to hit 'Mark Read' again to complete the job. Also going up a level from there the + sign still shows unread posts in that thread but going back into it shows no unread messages. It's like I have to click everything twice to get the desired and expected action to happen.

EDIT: Further browsing I find the 'Mark Read' button sometimes marks previously read messages as New and other times it does nothing (won't mark messages as read)
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=unread;boards=5,67,10,11,66,12,15,17,21,22,23,24,25,29;ALL

Graynomad

The entire forum is flaky at present, seems to have started after the server swap the other day.

AFAIK you don't actually lose any posts, but you have to refresh to see stuff.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Riva

The entire forum is flaky at present, seems to have started after the server swap the other day.

AFAIK you don't actually lose any posts, but you have to refresh to see stuff.

I cannot use the quote button for your post so had to copy and paste.
The system was down most of yesterday but is hopefully on the road to repair now. Has it become a victim of it's own success.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=unread;boards=5,67,10,11,66,12,15,17,21,22,23,24,25,29;ALL

Coding Badly

Riva

I hate to imagine the amount of data that gets served from this forum each day yet alone the amount of data stored by new posts, relies and attachments.

codlink

After the last few days, all I have to say is WOW!  The forum is fast!  Click a link and in less than a second, the page loads. 

Awesome job!
//LiNK

mmcp42

agreed
after last week's hiccup it's working very nicely now :)
well done all
there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

Go Up