Go Down

Topic: The Forum is Buggy (Read 2590 times) previous topic - next topic

aarondc

All is fine now, probably an operational hickup.  Move along folks ;)

Major emergency has been recovered today, situation is still not perfect but mostly tollerable.
A mixture of overloaded databases, failing replications and badly configured caches has exploded with results you observed.

Probably later today some other minor issues may happen due final tuning, please be patient and provide alerts about other issues you may find in your daily usage.

Thanks for the update - good luck with the final commissioning.
Windows serial port monitor: Tellurium | Arduino serial port debugging library: DBG | Cusom LCD char generator | Technical questions will only be answered in forum threads

modeller

Maybe it is high time they look into another forum software. I am starting to think that SMF isn't that reliable.

They need to upgrade the forum software (for free). The version they are using is way out of date, it's 1.1.18 and the latest version of SMF is several years advanced - 2.0.4.

But what the hell do I know right?  :~

liudr

It's running pretty smoothly now.

AWOL

Probably later today some other minor issues may happen due final tuning, please be patient and provide alerts about other issues you may find in your daily usage.

I hope they solve these issues once and for all. The forums (and the site) has been experiencing instability on a frequent basis.

It has?
Apart from the past few days and the server migration, my inbox has been remarkably short of reports of instability.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Robin2

I was sure I posted this comment yesterday ... the fact that it isn't here could be due to my dodgy internet connection or the problems with the Forum software. It's absence is the best possible justification for the comment I thought I had posted.  As Follows...

It's very disappointing that there was no announcement on the front page saying that the Forum was having problems and the problems were being attended to.

...R

AlxDroidDev

Apart from the past few days and the server migration, my inbox has been remarkably short of reports of instability.

Maybe the reporting tool was unstable as well!  :P  ;)  XD
Learn to live: Live to learn.
Showing off my work: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,126197.0.html

liudr

I second Robin, a big announcement on the main site would be very useful. They don't do that here.

AWOL

May 15, 2013, 06:49 pm Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 07:17 pm by AWOL Reason: 1
They don't do that here.

"They didn't do that this time" would be more accurate, IMO.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

liudr

They don't do that here.

"That didn't do that this time" would be more accurate, IMO.

Yes, yes. I hope they do this more often than now. I do recall they announced a couple times about forum migration and some updates. They may have thought this was going to be routine stuff but it turned out it's buggy. It's like I can't say they (my university administrators) don't cancel classes due to snow storm. They did, twice this year (zero times in the past 6 years), once on an afternoon and it never snowed, another time at around 9:30am after it has snowed heavily for hours since midnight/early morning and they broke promise to announce at 6am). I think Arduino forum does better than that!

Jack Christensen

There was a post or two on Twitter, so props for that.
MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

pYro_65

From looking at the stats, and my own browser problems, I would recommend a temporary message is put on the home page to delete cookies, or better yet, have the site admin change the cookie ID so everyone get invalidated and ultimately served a fresh hot cookie.

I've noticed the PHP session ID's are being timed out ( probably intentionally for security ) but new ID's aren't issued. After leaving my computer for some time I'll click on a forum link or refresh the page only to find I've been logged out. And then the uri session id is different to what's being sent from my cookie. Which renders the forum unusable until I clear cookies and close the browser to finish the PHP session.

Go Up