Go Down

Topic: Modify IDE just for compiling (Read 903 times) previous topic - next topic

Suriken

I am using other arduino based board (waspmote) but I guess this is not important for my target right now.

I want to modify arduino ide to make it able just for compiling a program. I mean, I want to delete upload button and some others too (like serial port, etc)

Also, I want to compile just pde. I have some libraries developed (also downloaded from internet or libraries from arduino) and I don't want to be able to modify them.

With this, I mean I want to have them already compiled, it is no need to recompile anytime and I don't want that anybody see the code. So I would just to write my sketch in arduino ide and be able to compile it to see if there are any compiling mistake, anything else.

I found there is a file called Compiling.java in Source code but I don't know which part I should delete to be able to have my files compiled or where to specify the directory of my libraries...

Suriken

Well... I have discovered that with new arduino ide I can compile just one time, and if I don't change libraries, I can delete them... It keeps compiled version. Where does it get saved? Can I cut the arduino folder and take it away?

Which java file has the buttons? I am interested in delete some of them...

I´m sorry because maybe it's a little late, but I'have just read this post.

To modify the buttons' icons you have to change buttons.gif file founding this file in "Arduino-master\build\shared\lib\theme" in the source code. The java file is EditorToolbar.java:
in this place you change the text when you rollover the icons in the same order than where placed each button (lines 39-47)

Code: [Select]

/** Rollover titles for each button. */
  static final String title[] = {
    _("Verify"), _("Upload"), _("New"), _("Open"), _("Save"), _("Serial Monitor")
  };

/** Titles for each button when the shift key is pressed. */
  static final String titleShift[] = {
    _("Verify"), _("Upload Using Programmer"), _("New Editor Window"), _("Open in Another Window"), _("Save"), _("Serial Monitor")
  };

You also have to eliminate the unused buttons from the list of buttons (lines 60-71)

static final int RUN      = 0;
  static final int EXPORT   = 1;

static final int NEW      = 2;
  static final int OPEN     = 3;
  static final int SAVE     = 4;

static final int SERIAL   = 5;

static final int INACTIVE = 0;
  static final int ROLLOVER = 1;
  static final int ACTIVE   = 2;

modify the buttons vector where are placed the buttons which are going to be loaded from buttons.gif (lines 102-112)

buttonCount = 0;
    which = new int[BUTTON_COUNT];

//which[buttonCount++] = NOTHING;
    which[buttonCount++] = RUN;
    which[buttonCount++] = EXPORT;
    which[buttonCount++] = NEW;
    which[buttonCount++] = OPEN;
    which[buttonCount++] = SAVE;
    which[buttonCount++] = SERIAL;

And the function of each button it's defined in Editor.java... around line 1900 I think.

And this it's all, I think.

I'm trying to modify IDE too, trying to add some debugging options but I can't build it from eclipse... if you can see my post http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=165461.0 I'll be very glad.

Bye!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy