Go Down

Topic: PROGMEM Demo on Arduino.cc Will not Compile? (Read 339 times) previous topic - next topic

Wisar

Is there something wrong with the configuration of my machine(s) such that the demo of PROGMEM from the below page does not compile on Ubuntu or on a Raspberry Pi running Debian (but does compile on a MAC)?

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/PROGMEM

The error that I am getting is that prog_char does not define a type.

Thanks for any help,
Wisar

UKHeliBob

It compiles for me using IDE 1.0.4
I copied it from the link you gave.  It is 58 lines long including the block comments at the top.  Are you sure that you copied all of it ?

I assume that you do have the pgmspace.h file.  Which version of the IDE are you using ?
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

Wisar

May 15, 2013, 11:01 am Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 11:14 am by Wisar Reason: 1
HeliBob:

I am running IDE 1.0.1 on all three machines that I have tried including the one that works (with all 58 lines of the sketch!).   This appears to be the latest version packaged in apt-get for Ubuntu and Debian as the installs are new.

I do seem to have the pgmspace.h file:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 41927 May 23  2012 /usr/lib/avr/include/avr/pgmspace.h

Assuming that is the right place for it!

Wisar

UKHeliBob

Sorry but I can offer no help about where the file should be on a Linux system but others will be able to help I am sure.

Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

Go Up