Go Down

Topic: using a touch screen from a phone (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

jimmeh

5v             --
gnd           -- touch screen
analog 1    --
analog 2    --

i have max dealing with all the calculations it just reads analog 1 and 2 ins from the arduino

MikMo

Thanks, i will gie it a try one of these days.

MikMo

Sorry to sound like a complete idiot. But i don't really get it.

My touch screen have 4 wires,

1 going up the left side
2 along the bottom
3 going up the right side
4 along the top

I can understand that i put 5v Across one of the pairs (1 and 3 or 2 and 4)of they act like the two outside pins on a pot and when i pres the screen one of the wires in the other layer becomes the wiper and i can read one of the coordinates from that.

But how do i read the other coordinate without changing the way it is hooked up to the Arduino pins ?

I seems to me that i would have to put 5v across the other two wires,  how do i physically do that with out changing
the way it is hoohed up to the Arduino pins ?

Jimmeh are your 4 wires configured like i describe above ?

Thanks

BigMike

I can understand that i put 5v Across one of the pairs (1 and 3 or 2 and 4)of they act like the two outside pins on a pot and when i pres the screen one of the wires in the other layer becomes the wiper and i can read one of the coordinates from that.

But how do i read the other coordinate without changing the way it is hooked up to the Arduino pins ?

You energize one pair using output pins from the arduino, not a 5V supply. Then you set those two port pins to inputs and power the other pair from other output pins.

Does that make sense?

Mike

MikMo

I kind of understand it :-)

But doesen't that require that i hook up the pairs of wires to both digital (out) pins for powering and Analog pins for reading ?

Go Up