Go Down

Topic: Could the battery damage the H-Bridge? Project 10 - Zoetrope (Read 3566 times) previous topic - next topic

ludossin

Hello,

I´m new to Arduino, currently following the Starter Kit book - project 10.

The project does not work as expected - basically nothing happens. I checked the code and the circuit and they are correct. I also tested the motor by connecting it to the battery and it is functional.

When finishing project 9 I didn´t remove the battery and started building the circuit for project 10 right away, with the battery attached to the circuit. Could that have damaged the H-bridge? Is there a way to check that? (if so, how?)

Thanks in advance.

Grumpy_Mike

Could that have damaged the H-bridge?

Yes any partial powering of a circuit is bad, depending on what wires were connected when.
Always disconnect ALL power when wiring up anything.

Is there a way to check that? (if so, how?)

Only by trying to use it.

I had exactly the same problem just now with this project.

The problem is the shoddy breadboard that comes in this kit! I had a smaller breadboard that I bought separately and wired the H-Bridge up on that after the circuit failed to work, and it worked fine there.

I did try debugging the issue on the kit's breadboard but after a while I started to think the breadboard itself was the problem and I was proved correct.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy