Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Control Ethernet Shield with PHP?  (Read 884 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am trying to control my shield with a php webpage.  I can't figure out how people are sending commands to the shield with php.  The problems is that I call my shield and command for example 192.168.1.5/?doorup but I don't want to go to that page I just want to send that command.  How are people doing this?

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Well, the old school way of not up dating the current web page was to send the requesting browser a status: 204 telling it to not to try to update the page, or send the server response to a hidden iframe in the web page, or a combination of both. Today there seems to be other ways involving java applets, javascript, ajax, and other methods. 

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

Vejen, Denmark
Edison Member
RAWR! ^,..,^
View Profile

I guess what you want is to not have direct access from outside (the internet) to the inside (your local network)?

To send a command through php you use curl to call the arduino instead, and the visitors on the page then calls that php page. Same way I do it for my home automation system.

captain-slow.dk | non contagious!

View Profile

I don't want to go to that page I just want to send that command.  How are people doing this?
http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.get/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: