Go Down

Topic: Due appears as COM6 port but gives error "No device found on COM6" on upload (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic

AmbiLobe

Federico asked "can you please measure the values of these resistors: R3,R14,R15,R21,R23? "

Here are the resistances from my Due board :
R14 1003 ohms
R15 998
R21 1000
R23 995
R3 985 Ohms
I am going to get going.

Federico Vanzati

@AmbiLobe:
is your board affected by the uploading problem?
Because I see that the R23 is 1Kohm that is correct.

F

AmbiLobe

"is your board affected by the uploading problem?"

Summary
Yes. Sometimes the upload serial upload fails and usually it works correctly.

Details
My Due works correctly in many sessions. I bought it at Newark in USA. When I start working on a Sketch the Due works perfectly. I edit then Sketch, plug in the serial cable, upload the instructions to Due, and it is good. I use the Due to test performance. I disconnect the serial cable. I run the Due successfully. I power down the Due. I plug in the serial cable and use the Serial Monitor to receive messages from Due. The messages are shown on my PC video screen as good text messages from Due. I power down. I need to disconnect my custom electronics from the Due using a DB25 connector to enable any uploads. If I keep the DB25 connected to Due from my experimental board, it never uploads, so I disconnect the DB25. I write a new sketch, I plug in the USB cable for upload. Failure ! "No device found on COM7"

I exit the IDE 1.52. I start IDE again. Failure. I disconnect the USB cable and start over to try to upload again. Failure. I power down my PC and boot up everything. It works now. Upload successful.

Sometimes Serial Monitor fails also. Then it works after re-booting computer. It seems intermittent. Re-booting is not alays needed, sometimes, just closing IDE and starting IDE makes serial monitor work.
I am going to get going.

dezguy

OnionKnight

I had been running my programs fine all day until I finally encountered this problem. This thread seemed to be the most helpful, but it seems like this has been going on for a while.
Since I'm relatively new to arduino, would it be better/easier if I seek a refund on my board?

Go Up