Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Based upon the type of projects you do what FPGA would you combine with your Ard  (Read 1775 times)
Melbourne, Australia
God Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

100 MHz sounds kinda quick? Thank you for the info.

There's a thread (http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=173227.0) where someone wants the smallest Atmel with 24PWM pins. Apparently there's no such beast. So I did a search on FPGA PWM, and found this video. The video is cool because it explains PWM really well, gives a nice visual explanation for sound and A->D conversion thereof (I am so visually oriented) and also shows you the FPGA code, which essentially made my brain explode. The guy explaining it does a very good job.

Windows serial port monitor: Tellurium | Arduino serial port debugging library: DBG | Cusom LCD char generator | Technical questions will only be answered in forum threads

View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi

as said above , com and ind is the temprature range over which the chip is garunteed to meets its data sheet.

Speed,
   FPGA's dont have a MHz speed as such.
       basicaly the higher the - number, the lower the internal propagation delays , qed the faster it Can go, depending how you program it.

And I'm afraid the registers and such like I refer to above are hardware registers,
   the FPGA is full of single bit registers and multi inpout gatest that can be configured to do just about anything that you could want a chip to do.

Big FPGA's as highlighted above, can have thousands of pins,
   the current monsters I'm using have 1923 pins on them, and cost USD 20 K each.

but FPGA's started as small 16 pin chips, and you can still get 22 pin FPGA's. though they are called CPLD's for historic reasons.

this might be of interest to some one,
http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=2,400,1028&Prod=ZEDBOARD

an FPGA with two ARM Cortex A9 on chip, and 'full' development tools.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: