Go Down

Topic: Remote control code - question? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

mrdude

I have an old cd/radio and have installed a bluetooth module into it, the only way to activate the audio cd audio lines to the amp is to play a 'silent cd'. The cd is 79.55 seconds long. To play continuous so the audio line stays active is to put the cd on repeat.

Currently the only way to do this is via a remote control code as there is no button on the cd/radio. I know how to capture the remote codes and program that into an arduino, so my question is this.

Can I just send the command via a pin on the arduino without using an ir led and solder directly onto the cd/radio ir reciever pin so that it gets that code?

I just want to use a push button switch to toggle the remote (repeat) command instead of using a remote.

Thanks.

MorganS

Is this a fantabulously high quality amplifier or something? What's wrong with a $15 set of bluetooth speakers?
"The problem is in the code you didn't post."

mrdude

Is this a fantabulously high quality amplifier or something? What's wrong with a $15 set of bluetooth speakers?
That's not really a relevant answer to the question I asked, but I'll humour you and answer. I like it and has a spare bluetooth module, so I used it for that because I wanted to.

To answer my own question, I need to use an IR led as it uses a 38khz signal and the cd player wouldn't be able to decode that signal without an led being fitted. It's not a big deal to fit that as I have about 20 senders and receivers kicking about in my box of bits.

Cheers anyway.

Go Up