Go Down

Topic: Help add support for HT1632 in u8glib (Read 3614 times) previous topic - next topic

olikraus

Great picture. Thanks!
I have updated the u8glib gallery page.

Some additional work will be required to completly integrate HT1632 support into u8glib...

Oliver

Abfahrt

If you need testing, I'll be glad to help!

By the way, the framerate seems unbelievable. Drawing white and then balck fullscreen boxes makes the screen tear due to the chip's refresh rate.

Abfahrt

Just a quick question: Doesn't u8glib support multiple displays? I'm pretty sure I have seen an example that multiple displays are used at once as one! I can't find it on the wiki though.

olikraus

Multiple Displays: Yes, you can have multiple u8g structs/objects. You can also combine these u8g structs/objects to a larger "virtual" area. See the wiki entry for "virtual screen": http://code.google.com/p/u8glib/wiki/virtualscreen

Oliver

Abfahrt

Thank you! I'm really excited to get this working :D When do you plan to release a new version with the driver included? I want to map custom pins but don't know what changes I should make to the driver file.

olikraus

olikraus

Hi

The HT1632 has now been integrated into U8glib. I have added the new constructor to HelloWorld and GraphicsTest examples (other examples will be updated for the final v1.13 release)

Code: [Select]
U8GLIB_HT1632_24X16 u8g(3, 2, 4); // WR = 3, DATA = 2, CS = 4

You should be able to change the Arduino pin numbers to whatever is required.
I have attached a prerelease with the new constructor call. Please let me know if this constructor call works correctly.
The virtual screen feature  (combination of four screens to one huge screen) should also be possible now.

Thanks, Oliver

Abfahrt

Everything works fine! I also setup multiple display (just tested 2 displays for now) and everything seems fine.

olikraus

Great, I will close this issue for now. Let me know if you find some additional issues.

Oliver

Go Up